2009/01/30

Chinatown... pathetic

寄件者 Atlanta -- Jan 2009


We went to Atlanta Chinatown for lunch today.

What a trash place.

It's just a small, old plaza.

The first store that I noticed when we arrived there is the 世界日報 store.

It was closed at that time.

I looked into their window and I can see that it's like a grocery store selling all kinds of stuff (non-edible though).

The food court is inside the plaza.

On our way into the food court, we passed a Chinese style garden.

It has a pond and a little bridge and the wall has Great Wall painting on it.

It sure looks like a traditional Chinese garden.

But, why do you need to build a traditional Chinese style garden at Chinatown.

Why is it a must?

Why can't you build something that's more innovative?

The food court looks like a warehouse with very little decoration.

Most of the people eating there are old, middle-age Cantonese guys.

The restaurants there are just miserable.

I can only think of one word to describe the whole place -----> pathetic.

I was imagining the scenario of my gf and I eating in that place.

What would life be for us (my gf and I) if we were to live in that area and go to that place to eat everyday?

what a nightmare.

Why is it that Chinatowns in most NA cities are always old, filthy, out-dated, and full of old stereotype Chinese images????

Why?

Why can't they build a better place?

Why Why Why?

There is a grocery store opposite to the Chinatown.

There are dozens of jobless South-American like people standing in front of the store.

寄件者 Atlanta -- Jan 2009


I am not sure why they are there.

But if they are indeed jobless, then don't they know that jobs just won't fall off the sky above them?

沒有留言: